Solitics, a cutting-edge data management, and automation platform is looking for a Head of Data Engineering.
As a part of your role, you will be responsible for all data-development aspects of the company.
Between other, working with streams, relational data-bases, analytical infrastructures, data-pipelines, and time-series DBs.
Our complex data stack is built out of Redshift, Snowflake, MongoDB, Postgresql, MySQL, S3, and more.
Day to Day
· End to end responsibility for all the data development aspects of the company
· Lead a team of data engineers toward the company’s objectives
· Work closely with the VP of engineering
· Resolve scalability bottlenecks and improve the infrastructures in order to support additional capabilities and improved response times for the application layer.
Design and hands-on implementation of new features and capabilities
· At least 6Y experience with complex data-architectures
· Ability to lead a team of up to five data engineers
· Hands-on experience with at least one of the following: Spark / Druid / Redshift / Snowflake (at least 3 years)
· Outstanding data-architecture skills
· Outstanding level of SQL
· Development skills in a high level language - Python / Java / similar
· Experience with very large data sets (billions of records)
· Deep knowledge and experience with SQL Optimizations
· Innovative and visionary, but with boots on the ground
· B.A. / B.Sc in computer science
· Experience with Java, Python or similar languages – major advantage
· Object Oriented Design and development
· Experience with MongoDB and Kafka
· ML infrastructures