Senior Data Engineer
Solitics, which enables marketers to create effective engagements with their customers by using and analyzing all their data in true real-time, is looking for an innovative, highly experienced data engineer to take an active role in the ongoing development of a revolutionary SaaS data management platform, using outstanding technology. You – a strong team player, who enjoys working in a high speed, outcome-driven environment delivering exceptional results and superior quality; a problem-solver with strong attention to detail; excellent analytical and communication skills; innate ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, informed solutions.
As part of the R&D team, you will be leading the expansion and optimization of data pipelines and managing the design and implementation of complex architecture projects on AWS cloud services, Snowflake, and MongoDB.
Day to day
- Design, implement and innovate features, using innovative new technologies
- Optimizing or even re-designing Solitics’ data architecture to support the next generation of developments and data initiatives
- Work closely with the product, Server, and Front-End teams
- Support customer-facing teams, delivering immediate value to customers
- Collaborate with multi-functional and multi-disciplined teams.
- Learn fast, always innovate, and share your knowledge
• 5+ years data engineering experience, developing large scale data pipelines
• Strong SQL skills. Ability to create queries extracting data and building performant datasets
• Hands-on experience creating queries and processing data from distributed systems such as Spark, Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, Presto, PySpark)
• Experience with at least one major MPP or cloud database technology (Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query)
• Solid experience with data integration toolsets (i.e Airflow), writing and maintaining Data Pipelines
• Familiarity with Data Modelling techniques and Data Warehousing standard methodologies and practices
• Good scripting skills, including Bash scripting and Python
• Familiarity with Scrum and Agile methodologies
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS (DynamoDB, EMR, EC2)